A Scheduling Policy is an assembly of rules and objectives:
* Rules define what resources will be considered candidates to a specific service. – For example “Match Location rule” defines that only resources using the same location as the service will be considered for scheduling.
* Objectives define how to prioritize eligible resources as candidates for a specific service – For example “Minimize Travel” will prioritize candidates that will need less travel time to reach the service location.
* Objective weights are numerical values assigned to each objective in the scheduling policy. The higher the weight, higher precedence will be given to the objective.
Scheduling Policy is used for:
- Salesforce scheduling logic
- Appointment Booking logic
- Optimization request logic
The 3 preconfigured Scheduling Policies available after downloading Field Expert are:
- Customer First – Focus on customer service
- Soft Boundaries – Same as above without location matching
- High Intensity – Emphasis on travel time minimization