Starting with ShiftExpert Summer ’15, we have introduced a new object to represent Employees non-availabilities or breaks. Employee Absence has taken the place of the request object and will replace it on the Gantt view. In other words – Requests will no longer be visible on the planner board.
In the new flow, whenever a request is approved it automatically creates an employee absence.
There are two types of employee absence:
- Non availability – Which will replace the Request object on Gantt.
- Break – Which will be used for employees breaks during the day.
In order to convert the existing requests to employee absences, you will need to take the following steps:
Go to ShiftExpert Admin App, on the right upper corner.
- Go to Settings Tab
- Scroll down until you will see the section of Convert Requests.
- Fill in the date which you want to convert the Requests from and press Convert Approved requests to Employee Absence.
- The process is running in the background with Apex batch and may take a few minutes